Prepare a cover letter and resume, and send them along to at least 5 places
- Make sure the cover letter describes why you are interested in working at a particular place, and what experience, course work, and/or talents you would be able to bring to the job.
- Consult the Cornell Career Services website, http://www.career.cornell.edu/, for more assistance on preparing cover letters and resumes.
- For any places you have not heard from within 10 days, call to make sure that the application was received and to find out when decisions will be made.
- For any places which call you with offers, make sure you find out as much as you can about exactly what you will be doing, and who will be supervising you, before you decide whether to accept an offer.
- Consider waiting to make a decision until after you have personally visited the office.
- Make sure you accept only one offer.
If at anytime in the process, you would like assistance, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com, or at 202-466-2184.