All qualified Cornell undergraduates are eligible to participate in Cornell in Washington programs, regardless of college or major, based on a competitive admission process.
- Students usually participate in their junior or senior year.
- There are no specific criteria for admission, and the competition for admission varies each semester depending on the number and quality of applicants.
- We prefer to see at least a 3.0 GPA, but students with lower GPAs are often admitted when the complete application package suggests a high likelihood of a successful CIW experience.
- Special note for ILR students: ILR students should attach a note indicating that Brigid Beachler has been informed of this application. There is no restriction on ILR students participating in Cornell in Washington.
- See About CIW for program cost, dates and deadlines.
- Before choosing any courses, be sure to check with you advisor or department about how credits and courses will apply to your major.
The Summer Program is open to all students from any university or college who have completed their freshman year. Enrollment is on a space available, first-come, first-served basis. Program Fees.
Start the enrollment process online and then bring a non-refundable deposit check or money order (made out to Cornell University) in the amount of $500 to our office at
M101 McGraw Hall.